You better not shout, you better not pout, you better not cry, I’m telling you why: we’ve collected a list of the top things to do in Vancouver this Christmas! Get your holiday spirit in full effect with our list of magical events to take part in this Christmas!
1.) Bright Nights – Stanley Park Christmas Train
– Come on, it’s lovely weather for a train ride together! Come to Stanley Park to enjoy the miniature train and over a million twinkling lights that turn the forest into the most beautoful winter wonderland. The whole family can get together to visit Santa, ride the train, see the parade of trees and take in all the holiday beauty.
2.) Peak of Christmas – Grouse Mountain
– Get your holiday sport on with outdoor ice skating and sleigh rides paired with some added christmas cheer with reindeer, breakfast with Santa and live entertainment
3.) Festival of Lights- VanDusen Botanical Garden
Welcome yourself into Christmas magic with the famous Candy Cane Tree and Gingerbread Walk. Also enjoy the Dancing Lights show, community choirs and much much more!
4.) Luminescence at Vancouver Aquarium
– One of the most magical and awe-inspiring displays during Christmas time. Sit back as you enjoy the aquatic light show featuring a beautiful world of fluorescent and bioluminescent ocean light. See the glow-in-the-dark display of sea anemones, cuttlefish, jellies and corals. End off your night with “Scuba Claus” the famous underwater Santa!
5.) Rogers Santa Claus Parade – Downtown Vancouver
– Probably the most unmissable one-day event in Vancouver! The Parade features over 60 marching bands, beautiful decorated floats, dance groups, and over 300,000 spectators all coming out to see the jolly old fellow himself!
6.) Free Ice Skating at Robson Square Ice Rink
– What gets you more in the jolly Christmas spirit than a crisp ice skate (and for free!). All you have to do is pay for the skate rental! Join in the excitement for this family-friendly Vancouver winter tradition.
7.) Vancouver Christmas Market
– Come stroll inside the village gate and enter a world of Christmas decor, rustic wooden hurts and twinkly surroundings. Enjoy an old fashioned carousel ride, decorate gingerbread in the Kids Center and, most importantly, look around for gifts!
8.) The Winter Solstice Lantern Festival
Celebrate the return of the light after Winter Solstice with this community event! You can participate in 5 Vancouver neighborhoods including Granville Island, Chinatown and Yaletown. See a display of thosangs of lanterns to illuminate your night and Christmas spirit!